R2 Project Log – It’s Alive!

I spent Thursday & Friday evenings wiring up enough of the board to flash some LEDs, then set out to program it… Without success 🙁

After ripping apart the board, replacing the uC, and checking every single connection with a 10x Loupe, i turned to google, and found that the atmega128 is programmed differently to the other AVRs i’ve used, it has it’s own PDI and PDO pins connected to the first USART for uploading the program.

I wish someone had told me that before i bought the board!

Luckily, i had brought the USART pins out to their own header on the board, so after wiring up a programming adaptor, i was finally able to get some life!