After checking my reprap fund, and finding out I had reached my £500 target seemingly without noticing it (!) I’ve started collecting parts to build a reprap Version 3 (Huxley).
I chose the Huxley due to the fact it is portabie, while still having a pretty big build area ~(150mm x 150mm x 75mm)
I’m making the base model, with some minor upgrades to parts:
- Nophead’s Motor pulleys link
- Nophead’s Power Resistor Heater Block link
- Whosawhatsis Wade-Type Geared Extruder link
- Whosawhatsis m6 pinch blocks link
- Simplified Pololu Stepper driver electronics link
I’m currently buying parts, and recording all the costs to This Spreadsheet
Total BoM should come to around £400, leaving me some money left over to buy some ABS / PLA to print with.