The next thing on my ToDo list is to get the frame painted. I begun this by using a flappy-disc angle grinder attachment to sand back all of the shipping grease, fingerprints, welding flux, and rust that had accrued on the frame over the past week. These things are AMAZING, I used an entire one […]
My task for this week is to finish off the frame, and get it cleaned and painted with something. The frame is mainly there to hold the motors, batteries, and a club maté crate. Day one began with preparing a cut list, and using my Evolution RAGE saw to chop a LOAD of 20mm box section […]
As our project for EMFCamp 2014 (August 29th – 31st near Bletchley), Jim and I have decided to build a robotic butler to bring us drinks and generally bounce around the field getting in the way. I started off by spending some time CADing up a model using parts we have lying around, and also things […]
Over the weekend I ordered the mainboard for the new robot. It contains an arduino, battery voltage monitoring, battery regulation and a pair of motor driver chips. It is designed to sit on top of a hardcase 5Ah LIPO, with short leads going into the battery power output.
Last night I retrieved the first chassis printout and did a test assembly with the parts that have arrived. It looks good! The axle distance is perfect, the chunks I carved out for the pi are all the right sizes, and it looks bitchin. The only negative was that the mount for the raspberry pi […]
Before leaving the hackspace on saturday, I set the wheels and motor mounts for my robot printing, as I figured these parts probably wont change while I finish the rest of the design. Tonight, I cleaned up the printed parts, and did a test assembly of the track sets: They looked about right, so I […]
Here is a teaser shot for my new rover robot, based around a raspberry pi and a massive lithium battery. Fairly heavily inspired by Wlll’s ball collecting robot.
Well, r2 made it into a maze! then crashed into the walls of that maze over… and over… and over… anyway, it diddnt work, and looks unlikely to work in the near or far future. So i’ve spent some time fiddling with my CAD software, and now have a basic design ready to announce R3volution, […]
Today I went to FabLab Manchester with one mission, to create a case for my OpenBench Logic Sniffer, an awesome little device from dangerous prototypes and the gadget factory, which ships as a bare PCB. I started off by measuring the OBLS (93mm x 48mm), and making a test box 5mm wider than it in […]
Finally got some time to work on r2 this weekend, and have movement! He can now move arond, and spin and stuff. Unfortunately, still need to add some odometry, not quite worked out how thats going to work yet!