Wrecs update

I FINALLY got some time to work on Rex again, after building parts of the motor modules oh so many months ago… without further ado, here are the pictures:

rex_wheel_bits.jpg
The bits for one of the wheel mountings

rex_wheel_mount_concept.jpg
The concept on how the mounting should look

rex_mount_started.jpg
Cut a hole with my holesaw… cost £10 for a set of 6 about a year ago, best buy ever!

rex_wheel_mount_half.jpg
3 screws later, and the motor / gearbox / wheel assembly is attached to the motor mount base

rex_wheel_mount.jpg
Add some shelf brackets (they’re cheap, strong and right angled, perfect really!) and one motor mount is completed!

rex_wheel_mount_2.jpg
The same thing, from a different angle

rex_wheel_mounts.jpg
Repeat again, and we have two! this is shown on top of the base chassis i built 5 months ago (speedy project i know)

rex_done_btm.jpgrex_done_middle.jpgrex_done_top.jpg
So we’re one step closer to the completion of the chassis! next up, attaching the batteries!